The properties of brass tube
It is understood that brass is a binary alloy of copper and zinc, also known as simple brass or ordinary brass. Brass tubes with different mechanical properties can be obtained by changing the content of zinc in brass.
The higher the zinc content in brass, the higher the strength, but the lower the plasticity. In general, the zinc content of brass tube used in industry is less than 45%, no matter how high the zinc content is, brittleness will occur and the alloy properties will be deteriorated.
In order to improve some properties of brass tube, brass added with other alloying elements on the basis of unitary brass is called special brass. The commonly used alloy elements are silicon, aluminum, tin, lead, manganese, iron and nickel.
1. Adding aluminum to brass can improve the yield strength and corrosion resistance of brass tube, but slightly reduce the plasticity.
2. Brass containing less than 4% Al has good processing and casting properties.
3. Adding 1% tin to brass can significantly improve the corrosion resistance of brass tube in seawater and marine atmosphere, so it is also called “Navy brass”. In addition, tin can improve the machinability of brass.
4. The main purpose of adding lead to brass is to improve the machinability and wear resistance, but lead has little effect on the strength of brass tube.
5. Manganese brass has good mechanical properties, thermal stability and corrosion resistance. Adding aluminum to manganese brass can also improve its properties and obtain castings with smooth surface. Brass tubes can be divided into casting and pressure processing products.
Thin Wallness Brass Pipe with smooth surface Straight Brass Pipe Application: Water tube ,Air condition Grade: brass Length: as the customer’s request Cu (Min): 99.9% Alloy Or Not: Is Alloy Ultimate Strength (≥ MPa): 205 Elongation (≥ %): 40% Wall Thickness: 0.2mm-120mm or as the customer’s request Outside Diameter: 2mm-914mm or as the customer’s request […]